What is the Green Kangaroo?
The Green Kangaroo program which is free for you in Kangaroo Valley, aims to assist tourism businesses like yours, tread lighter on the planet and help our community flourish.
Kangaroo Valley is a beautiful destination and we seek to protect its natural heritage and community values by:
- Reducing our carbon footprint
- Taking measures to improve the environment
- Promoting local food, arts and crafts
We seek to make Kangaroo Valley a better place to live and a better place to visit.
How to join
- Read about the Green Kangaroo and sign the member’s commitment.
- Calculate your carbon footprint using the free carbon footprint calculator.
- Market your commitment
What are the benefits?
You will be able to:
- Identify how much energy your business consumes and therefore identify ways to save you money and reduce your footprint
- Tell your guests/customers what their carbon footprint per night/day is, and guide them in ways they can reduce this
- See how much waste your business produces and identify ways to reduce this
- Have links to other Green Kangaroo members and work together to cross promote your business
- Target visitors seeking eco-friendly holiday options and so gain extra sales
- Attend free Green Kangaroo workshops offering advice and training
- Learn about new tourism initiatives and innovations to help you reduce costs, reduce your footprint and offer a quality experience to your guests/customers