Green Kangaroo Commitment
The aim of the Green Kangaroo Program is to protect the natural beauty and environment of Kangaroo Valley for all, and to assist the community to prosper from sustainable tourism and maximise the positive environmental bene ts for tourism providers and visitors.
The Green Kangaroo program is a voluntary program based on commitment to the following sustainable community and environmental principles, by tourism providers or independent members of the community:
- To develop and build community sustainability by supporting local community events, causes or services, either through fund raising, voluntary time or sponsorship.
- To protect Kangaroo Valley’s biodiversity, either through membership of nature groups, voluntary conservation or appropriate fund raising.
- To promote local food grown in the region and local partnerships to help maximise the benefits of visitor expenditure within the community.
- To work with other Green Kangaroo members as a network to share ideas, knowledge and to cross promote their businesses.
- To reduce their carbon footprint either through replacement to more ef cient technology, reduced consumption, reuse or recycling where feasible.
- To work to reduce carbon pollution from travel by encouraging visitors to walk, cycle in the valley and use public transport.
- To annually audit their environmental footprint using the KVCTC’s Carbon Calculator.